As good as sex can be, there are other feelings or actions that trumps the desire for sex sometimes.
Vikki Claflin of Huffington Post lists a few of these things:
1. Warm, gooey chocolate chip cookies, right out of the oven.
2. Finding your most coveted, I’ll-never-be-able-to-afford-it-ever handbag on eBay for half price.
3. Getting into your skinny jeans for the first time in five years.
4. That moment when your workout is over, and you feel like a badass.
5. The way your dog shakes, twirls, and barks with joy because he missed you just so much
6. Watching “The Notebook.” For the 217th time. And still crying. Every. Single. Time.
7. The exquisite shampoo head massage your hair stylist give you before she cuts your hair.
8. Finding the perfect little black dress.
9. Finding a gynecologist who doesn’t make you feel awkward.
10. Afternoon naps.
11. The first hot summer day of the year.
12. Downloading the perfect mix on your iPod.
14. The first sip of your favorite red wine at the end of a stressful day.
15. Huge, it’ll-all-work-out bear hugs when you’ve had a bad day.
16. A dozen perfect, pale pink roses.
17. Sharing an unrestrained, blow-Diet-Coke-out-of-your-nose belly laugh with your BFF.
18. When a total stranger meets you and asks, “Are you the writer?”
19. Selling your book to someone other than your editor and your mother.
20. Long, slow kisses. With no other agenda.
21. Seeing your grandchildren jump out of the car and run to you, arms out wide, big smiles, yelling “Grandma!!”
22. A big, fat book you’ve been dying to read, and a hammock in the shade. And Hubs has taken the kids.
23. Your pussycat asleep and purring on your chest as you lie on the couch.
24. Finally finding a hair stylist that “gets” your hair.
25. Getting flowers at work, for no reason, from someone who loves you.
26. Taking your convertible out for a drive on that perfect sunny day.
27. Running into an old boyfriend while wearing your perfect little black dress.
28. Finding money inside a jacket you wore last year
29. 30-minute foot massages. Bliss.
30. The first morning pee, that you’ve been holding in since 3 a.m. because you didn’t want to get out of bed. (C’mon, you know what I’m talking about.)
31. Watching your adult child be a parent. And discovering he’s better at it than you were.
32. The first time you say, “I love you.”
33. The first time someone says it back.
34. Crawling into clean, fresh sheets when you’re exhausted.
35. Getting off an airplane and spotting your favorite people excitedly waiting to greet you.
36. Kicking off your heels after a hard day at work and running through the grass in your bare feet.
37. Thick, fresh, oversized towels when you get out of the shower. Even better if they’re warm.
38. The peaceful silence of early morning when you’re up and everyone else is still sleeping.
39. Commercials of servicemen and women coming home and surprising their loved ones.
40. The day your adult child walks through the door after a year fighting war
41. Having a girlfriend you can compare notes with about your sex lives. And nothing is off-limits.
42. The uninhibited laughter of a small child.
43. Going to your 40th high school reunion and realizing you actually look pretty damn good.
44. Realizing that your menopause phase is actually over.