”If you find yourself falling uncontrollably in love with the wrong individual over and over again, you should know that there are a few things you can do to prevent that from happening.”
Here are a few very helpful tips on how to stop yourself from falling in love that you should consider:
1. Distract yourself: One of the easiest things you can do to avoid falling in love with someone is to try to distract yourself so you won’t let that individual control your mind. Do #things you enjoy or other activities that need your attention. Every #time you feel a bit lonely, sad or you miss them, just try to think about other things that make you happy.
2. Don’t be a stalker: If you want to forget a certain person, then avoid being a stalker. Don’t check their Facebook page every hour to see if they have been up to something. Just keep in mind that the more obsessed you become with that #person, the harder it will be for you to stay away from them. Worse, the part they play in your life will be even bigger.
3. Don’t get too friendly: If you want to avoid falling in love with someone who you know is not good for you, then try to avoid getting too friendly. Try to avoid late night texts or calls where both of you share intimate details about each other’s lives; basically, avoid having long conversations with them because you are not getting friendlier with them, you are just falling deeper in love with them.
4. Consider their flaws: None of us is perfect and we all have flaws, so that person that you have a #crush on has a bad side too. If you want to avoid falling in love with them, then try to focus on their flaws or on the #things they did or said that hurt your feelings. You could even make a list of all the reasons you should avoid falling in love with them since it will remind you why they are not a good match for you.
5. Distance yourself from them: This can be a bit hard to do, especially if that person is one of your co-workers and you have to see each other every day, but nothing is impossible if you really want to achieve something. Try to avoid interacting with them and keep your distance from them, since this will help you get over your #crush more quickly.
6. Avoid the attention: Even if all that attention that you get can feel so good and flattering, try to avoid it, especially if you are in a long-lasting, committed #relationship. Try to reconnect with your #partner and focus on the beautiful thing that you share with your significant other.
7. Realize the difference: There is a huge different between falling in love with someone and being attracted to them. We can be attracted to a lot of #people, but that doesn’t mean that we would like to be in a relationship with them. Just because you think that someone is attractive, smart and interesting that doesn’t mean that you love them.