Do you smoke or did you ever smoke? These foods will help you get rid of the nicotine in your system.
We all know that smoking is bad for us, yet some continue to smoke because it becomes a habit, a bad one at that. Cigarettes contain many harmful toxins that damage the body. The nicotine in cigarettes can cause you to have high blood pressure and damages the lungs. The nicotine in cigarettes is a very addictive drug.
If you smoke you are decreasing the amount of vitamin C, E, and A in your body. These vitamins protect the lungs from damage. Vitamin B5 is well known as the anti-stress vitamin because it reduces stress by increasing the production of hormones that fight depression.
These foods can help you flush out the nicotine and other toxins from the body:
1. Water: water is the drink of life. Water flushes out the toxins from the body through your skin. Also, nicotine dehydrates the body, so you need water to re-hydrate the body, 8-12 cups of water is the recommended dose of water daily.
2. Oranges: oranges contain high levels vitamin C, boost your metabolism, and reduces stress.
3. Kiwi: kiwi replenishes vitamins A, C, and E that smoking reduces.
4. Carrot juice: carrot juice has vitamins A, B, C, and K that eliminate nicotine from the body. Carrot juice is high in vitamins that replenish the skin’s nutrients to make it glow because nicotine makes the skin look dull.
5. Broccoli: broccoli contains high levels of vitamins B5 and C, and the broccoli protects the lungs from damage.
6. Spinach: spinach makes tobacco tastes bad, and it also is rich in vitamins and folic acid.
7. Dry herbs: dry herbs reduce nicotine in the body, and they are rich in vitamins A and E.
8. Berries: berries flush out harmful toxins in the body.
9. Pomegranate: pomegranate helps the blood circulation and blood cell count.
So, if you’re thinking about smoking or you’re trying to quit, try these foods to help you quit smoking or to help you resist smoking.