Though we might not like to admit but the approval of parents matter when it comes to dating and relationships. You can be dating a girl for three years but the day your parents meet the girl and say they don’t like her it could ruin all you’ve built with her. There’s always more pressure on the path of the ladies when meeting the parent of their boyfriend and sometimes even after meeting them and them liking you, you’d still have to put in work until you get the rings. Here are some subtle signs they’ve stopped liking you
1. THE VIBES YOU GET AROUND THEM IS WEIRD:Some girls just completely overthink everything around them, and others just have a really good sense of intuition. If you’re one of those people that stick to their gut feelings, pay attention to the vibes you are getting. If you truly believe that you are just not getting good feelings from his parents, you really need to tell him about them. If your gut feelings are usually right, then you’re probably sensing some awkward tension.
2. THEY STOPPED INVITING YOU TO FAMILY FUNCTIONS: Most of the time, parents will ask you and your boyfriend to come along on a family party or to a simple dinner at home. It really shows that they accept you into their family circle and appreciate you as a person. The worry should start if out of the blue they will no longer invite you over like they did before. If there was a normal pattern of events that you participated in that you no longer get asked to do, then it’s time to slow down and think back on something you might have said or done.
3. WHEN YOU’RE WITH THEM THEY PRETEND LIKE YOU DON’T EXIST: This is a pretty obvious and strong sign that they really don’t want to talk, see, or hear you. You really must have done something awful for them to be acting this way to you, and this can only happen in a severe reaction. They are making it clear to you that they have no reason to talk with you about anything. Plain and simple.
4. THE GRANDPARENT AREN’T INTO YOU: This leaves you asking, “What does this have to do with his parents?” I’ll answer that: Everything. A parent’s approval is sometimes crucial and sometimes meaningless, but most of the time it is just a gesture to give a blessing over the relationship and you. So not only do his parents want to approve of you, but his parents’ parents want to as well. Kind of confusing, but it makes sense looking at the big picture. The grandparents are the head of the entire family tree, and usually what they say goes. More than likely if the grandparents don’t like you, neither will his parents. It’s just something to keep in mind when meeting other members of his family as well.
5. THEY SAY NEGATIVE STUFF ABOUT YOU BEHIND YOUR BACK: Unfortunately, this is something that can happen when the parents just don’t like you. Don’t let it affect you too much, sometimes people just don’t like you and that’s okay! If his parents constantly tell him to end it with you when you guys get into a tiff over something, you might need to have a sit down with him to tell him your feelings about this. You need to have a respect for his parents, but you also need to have respect for yourself. You wouldn’t let your friends talk badly about you when you aren’t there, and the same goes for anyone else.”