Makes about 20-25 crackers
1 1/2 cups (190g) all-purpose flour
1 cup (125g) whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup (30g) wheat bran
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 cup (220g) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
2 tbsp (30g) honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180C).
2. In a medium bowl combine flours, wheat bran, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves.
3. n another bowl, mix the butter with sugar and honey until fluffy.
4. With mixer speed to low incorporate the flour mixture and mix until combined. If necessary use your hands to form a dough. Divide the dough into 2 pieces.
5. Place one piece of dough onto a parchment paper. Cover with another parchment paper and start rolling the dough into a rectangle of about 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick.
6. Remove the parchment paper on top and using a pastry cutter cut the edges to form a perfect rectangle and then cut into smaller rectangles (about ( 2 X 5 inches – 5 X 12 cm ).
7. Prick crackers using a fork. Slide the parchment paper into a baking sheet. If you want you can freeze at this point to chill for 20 minutes and get firm before baking. (I baked the crackers right away and turned great.)
8. Bake for 9-10 minutes until dark golden brown. Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer crackers to wire racks to cool completely.
9. Crackers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 3-5 days.