1 1/2 cups (250g) strawberries, stemmed and cut into small pieces
2 1/4 cups (280g) all purpose flour
1/4 cup (50g) sugar
2 tsp (10g) baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp (80g) butter, cold and cut into cubes
1/2 cup (120g) buttermilk
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Chop the strawberries and set aside. In a large bowl whisk the flour with sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Add the butter cubes, and using a pastry cutter or fork cut the butter until the pieces are no bigger than peas.
4. Add chopped strawberries and toss until are coated in flour mixture.
5. Combine egg with buttermilk and add over the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
6. Transfer dough onto a floured surface. Shape into a circle of about 8 inch (20 cm) in diameter, then cut into 8 triangles.
7. Transfer the scones on the baking sheet and brush with egg. Sprinkle with some sugar to get a crispy top.
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
9. Transfer to cooling rack. The scones are best served warm. Enjoy.