Non-stick olive oil spray
cup yellow cornmeal
¼ cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon lemon pepper
¼ teaspoon paprika
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1 pound catfish fillets cut into smaller pieces
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper liberally sprayed with non-stick olive oil spray.
2. In a brown bag or ziploc bag, add cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, cayenne, lemon pepper, and paprika and shake together.
3. In a deep pie plate or large shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and hot sauce.
4. Add each fillet to the bag of cornmeal breading to coat then dip into beaten eggs on both sides, then lastly add back into the cornmeal breading and shake liberally to coat well. Place the fillet on the coated baking sheet. Repeat with each fillet.
5. Liberally spray the tops of each fillet with non-stick baking spray coating the fish well until completely covered in spray. Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on thickness of fillets until golden brown but still juicy in the inside.
6. Remove fish and cool for 5 minutes then serve with lemon and chopped parsley.